At some point in time everyone of us is faced with a boring boxy t-shirt and the need for something to wear. These Altered T-Shirt DIY projects all started out as that plain boxy t-shirt and with a few cuts, seams or embellishments they became cool, fashionable and much more wearable.
In this post Ive put together 14 Altered T-Shirt projects that will hopefully inspire you and encourage you to get creative and try your hand at altering a t-shirt. There are projects ranging from a simple embellishment to completely changing the look and structure of the t-shirt.
- DIY Tank Top with Shoulder Fringe – a simple tank with a bit of shoulder embellishment.
- DIY Tie Dye Beach Cover Up – a mini dress for a beach cover up (plus tie dye tutorial).
- DIY Rocker T-Shirt – turn that t-shirt into a cool tank with a bow in the back.
- DIY Studded T-Shirt – a fashionable embellished sleeveless top.
- DIY Striped T-Shirt with Spray Paint – make simple stripes with tape and fabric spray paint.
- Striped Glitter T-Shirt DIY – add fun sparkly geometric shapes to a plain t-shirt.
- Mod Black & White T-Shirt DIY – put to tees together in contrasting colors for a chic top.
- DIY T-Shirt with Paillettes – add some paillettes for a glam new look.
- Dip Dye T-Shirt with Stamping – make your own stamp and dip the bottom for all over color.
- DIY Hand Painted Embellished T-Shirt – paint, embroider and add some beads for embellishment.
- Embellished T-Shirt DIY – its the motherlode! Add rhinestones, paillettes & crocheted rings!
- T-Shirt Dress DIY – a fun and simple way to make a cool dress out of two t-shirts.
- Ruffled Tube Top DIY – turn your boxy t-shirt upside down and make a ruffle for a cute tube top.
- T-Shirt into Summer Top DIY – the one that started it all, using the sleeves as pockets.
Every one of these tops can be altered and crafted with your own taste and creativity. Have fun with them and make them your own.
Which one is your favorite? Have you made any of them? Please leave me a comment and let me know. I love to hear from you!
Have a great and crafty weekend!
Check out my Amazon shop for links to all supplies.